Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday, November 4, 2022

Blog Post #1

October 31 - November 4

Welcome to "Mrs. Prediger's Literacy Log"

I am excited to begin our learning journey together. My name is Denise Prediger and I have the privilege of being the grade three to six literacy support teacher. I work collaboratively with the classroom teachers to provide direct and small group reading instruction. This first Blog entry gives me the opportunity to introduce myself and provide some insight to what we have been doing. I look forward to sharing a weekly snapshot of our learning with you.

Grade 3 Learning Outcome:
I can investigate how phonics connects to word formation and supports the process of reading. 

What are Decodables?

Decodable text is frequently used in small group reading instruction. Decodable books are carefully sequenced to progressively incorporate words that are consistent with letter-sound relationships that have been taught to the reader. (Whenever possible our weekly books will be chosen based on current classroom topics. )

We are currently using the "Flyleaf Publications" books. Families are welcome to visit the site and view chosen texts under the "Free E Library" tab. 

https://flyleafpublishing.com/ 

This week's Decodable Texts are "Good Bat!" and My Summertime Camping Trip

Target Letter Sound: "igh" at the end of a word will have a long "I" sound. Examples) night and might

Target Letter Sound: "e" at the end of a word will have the reader skip over the consonant to the left of it and make the vowel say it's long vowel sound. Students may refer to it as "Magic E" or "Silent E". Examples) fire and ignite 







 












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home